Thursday, September 02, 2004

new digs

Yesterday was the official move in date for the new office. Never-you-mind that there is no flooring in the waiting area, hallways, kitchen, or copy room. Never-you-mind that the painters are still painting and the computer hook ups will be in tomorrow. Never-you-mind that the trades people are all storing their junk in my office. Never-you-mind that I don't have any furniture in my office and even if I did, my new couches (saffron yellow colour, two love seats, slight flair on the sides, two cushions on the back) won't be here for a couple of weeks.

I've got a telephone. I'm at peace. It was really bothering me not being hooked into the outside world. And that surprised me, as I'm someone who likes to get away from instant communication. But thank the Lord, I have a telephone. My stress level went down immeasurably. Whew.

Next week will be unpacking and settling in. Oh boy, do I sure hope so! No more drywall dust! Maybe a little bit of peace and quiet. Maybe, just maybe I can do some work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home