Friday, August 20, 2004

the miracle of chemicals, or 'peace in a pill'

Many thanks to you, my reader friends, for your encouragement in relation to yesterday's post. I took some of my medicine last night and am feeling so, so, so much better today. The little bit of chemicals is just enough to put the foundation stone underneath my mind and emotions.

One of the hallmarks of depression and anxiety diseases, in my opinion, is a [brain chemically induced] loss of objectivity. Yesterday, it seemed like such a failure to have to take some medicine; I felt like I was not giving the withdrawal symptoms (what symptoms???) enough time, or that I was psychologically addicted to the drugs, or that I was simply an emotional loser who can't get her shit together. I figured that the dizziness was in my head, that I should just try harder to concentrate, that I shouldn't be so morbidly introspective, that I just shouldn't. Today, I'm not dizzy - physically or mentally, I can track along with all of my thoughts and actions, I haven't nasty talked to myself at all.

Hmmm. What's weak about taking my medicine? Maybe it's just plain smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home