Thursday, July 22, 2004

in the garden

I have been avoiding/putting off Bobbie's invitation to seach out what flower I am in God's garden. I'm not sure why I've put it off for so long; perhaps because I was worried that God wouldn't have a picture for me (I wanted a clear word like Idelette). I've been doing some thinking about it and at first, I thought that I might be like bougainvillea - strong roots, climbs high, beautiful flowers, adaptable. This morning, I sat quietly (for about 45 seconds!) and quickly ran through some other flowers. Daffodils? Lilacs (my most very favorite flowers of all)? Something else?

"You are wild flowers. You don't have to do a single thing to be beautiful. You are like the Indian paint brush which flowers bright vibrant red after a wildfire. Strong, tenancious, the first to flower after a fire. Planted firmly in the ground, your growth and blooming happens in a natural cycle. Nothing you could do can make you more beautiful than you already are.

....walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you EVER seen colour and design quite like it? The ten best dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them...."

Mmmm, yes, please! and thank you!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home