Thursday, July 01, 2004

tired

I'm tired. I'm find the weight of the facts and stories I'm learning about to be heavy. It weighs but an ounce, though, compared to the burden of living the story.

Do you know what the statistic is? That one in three women in North America experience physical abuse - physical acts that would classify as an indictable criminal offence.

What a heavy burden for those victims. We must come along side and share that burden. Oh Church, you must share the burden of your daughters!

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out by conflict [my translation]? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly".

Do those feel like words of promise and relief or are they too far away to even been imaginable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home