Monday, June 14, 2004

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have finally tracked down Anj's posts on relationships and parenting and am posting them here for storage and later pondering.

Anj has written eloquently on conflict, conversation and right relationships.

I long for an intimate relationship with my sons. I do not want that longing to be perverted. When the power of domination and control rears its ugly head, I want to choose walking away from the power struggle. A relationship of superficiality is more honoring than any of us casting our pearls of giftedness in front of those who refuse to see them. Intimate relationships are based on mutuality in honoring and sharing. As God calls me to squander my gifts, I gladly will, but only at God’s calling. To squander my personhood based on my longing for intimate relationship is to whore that which God has given me. Where is honoring the Creator in that?

powers
motherhood and personhood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home