Friday, June 04, 2004

ah ha moment

Yesterday I was driving back to the office from a visit to a client. I was thinking about the upcoming weekend and what I wanted to happen/who I wanted to see during the weekend. I was thinking some pretty colourful thoughts.

All of a sudden, it hit me: the Christian life is meant to inform my actions, not my actions are meant to mimic the Christian life. That's a subtle difference. Here's the difference to me: I am to live my life as fully and completely as I can - my life, not the cookie cutter version of a Christian life. As I live out MY life, the choices I make, things I say, actions I take are to be informed by Jesus's actions, words and choices. What I've been trying to do instead is to live out the actions, words and thoughts that I thought a Christian was supposed to. In that, I've lost myself, my authenticity and just plain me.

Ah ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home