Friday, May 07, 2004

'round and round the mulberry bush

Thus ends the radio silence.

I've had lots on my mind in the last couple of weeks and have been processing internally. I'm still not sure about the public nature of blogs and what I'm willing to post for the world to see. Actually, it's not the world I worry about, it's the people close by.

One of the major themes I've been thinking about [again] is how the adage "To thine ownself be true" fits in with a Christian world view. I've started this next sentence 4 times over and in doing so, have realized that no matter what I say or do, it's okay to make mistakes. I don't need to get it "right", for there isn't necessarily a 'right' or 'correct' way of doing things. In the last couple of weeks, I've bumped up against my old rules and behaviour Christianity and I've got a few bruises. Rather than rules, I'd like to think of responsiveness. Actually, I'd like to think of going and hiding, but that's only a short term option. Hey - what's wrong with running and hiding?!?!?

Sigh. Confusion seems to be reigning these days. Rather than over spiritualize that, maybe I'll just go take a couple of days off. Big picture, Lis. Stay with the big picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home