Wednesday, December 13, 2006

(Red)emption

Some of you may be aware of the Project (Red) campaign kicked off by Oprah et al about 2 months ago. It is essentially harnassing the power of consumerism to create some extra money for AIDS in Africa. Entirely worthy, but still focused on consumerism.

Two friends of mine have started the [Red]emption Campaign. Rather than spend $210 so that Apple (or another company) can donate $10 to AIDS work, just give the $10 without the purchase. It's a very cool campaign and they're almost half way to their goal of 1000 donations. All the money, every single penny of it, is being donated to the Steven Lewis Foundation. My understanding is that this foundation is doing some of the top AIDS work in the world.

Here is one of the links to the (Red)emption Campaign. Robert's words are well worth the read.

You can donate via the button on the side bar here. Yeah, it's only $10 bucks. Yeah, don't buy two fancy coffees. But the compelling things for me is this: I am not fully human, fully alive, if another of my fellow human beings is suffering. That's why I donated.

I'd be thrilled if you would (a) donate and (b) link to this on your blog. Oh yeah - there is a double your money thing going on right now. If you donate, there is a bunch of matching money that's been pledged. The Scottish part of me LOVES that if I give $10, there is a $20 impact (sorry lovely Scottish friends - I mean that as a compliment!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Todd said...

Thanks Lisa!

10:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home