Monday, December 11, 2006

night prayer

I seek your presence, O God
not because I have managed to see clearly
or been true in all things this day,
not because I have succeeded in loving
or in reverencing those around me,
but because I want to see with clarity,
because I long to be true
and desire to love as I have been loved.
Renew my inner sight,
make fresh my longings to be true
and grant me the grace of loving this night
that I may end the day as I had hoped to live it,
that I may end this day restored to my deepest yearnings,
that I may end this day as I intend to live tomorrow,
as I intend to live tomorrow.


- Philip Newell Sounds of the Eternal, a celtic psalter. Taken from the Monday night prayer.

1 Comments:

Blogger steph said...

Beautiful, drawing me to stillness and to sit with this truth.

6:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home