Thursday, January 13, 2005

doing the daily work of peace

A while ago, I promised to write on doing the daily work of peace in your life. Keep looking for that post. But as a small thought, I've realized that doing the daily work of peace in your life is to offer yourself peace too. Sometime in the last year, I realized that I'd missed a big part of the two greatest commandments. I've thought and studied on the love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength commandment. I've thought on the love your neighbour part of the commandment.

But what I had totally missed was the key part of that second commandment. Love your neighbour as you love yourself. Part of doing the daily of work of peace is loving yourself. Creating space and loving words rather than going to the you're-so-bad tapes. For me, this is challenging work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home