Tuesday, November 07, 2006

what a difference an hour makes

The sun is just fading in one of the loveliest sunsets I've seen in Vancouver for a long time. My office faces north and I can see most of downtown and all of the mountains. The sky is full of blue black clouds and the sun is shining off all the glass on the downtown buildings. You could see the layers upon layers in the clouds. It's that incredible winter light - full and richly saturated. The mountains are glowing that amazing light purple colour distinct to winter sunsets. I took a picture on my colleague's camera phone and if it turns out, I'll post it.

Vancouver. Even if we get socked in for months of rain, there are times of year that if you wait another hour, you'll have a totally different set of weather. Or at least, glimpses of the beauty that is underneath the rain clouds.

Red sky at night, sailor's delight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home