Monday, March 15, 2004

All the way back home

What is it about art that can crack open my heart, sear past the mess and open up the deepest parts of me? I was just looking at some of the art that came out of the emergent conference last week in San Diego and I am totally moved by it. I also just popped over to Rachelle's blog and read about the Lenten tree that their community put together. Add the emerging music concert I went to yesterday and I'm feeling kind of wiggly inside. Art doesn't scratch itches, it creates them. Maybe they are necessary itches, the kind that the Creator wants to scratch.

I really don't have words for my beliefs these day. Art helps give me workable shapes, some out-of-the-corner-of-my-eye insights that bring me slowly closer to this thing that people are calling the Kingdom of God. I'm not sure what to call it, but Right might be close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home